Tuesday, October 14, 2008
A Much Needed "Dad's Day"
I (Jess) has always loved cool cloudy and rainy days-guess that's why I've always loved duck hunting. Ever since Morgan was born we have referred to those kids of days as a "Dad's Day". the past couple of days have been picture perfect "Dad's Days"-cool weather, constant clouds and steady rain and drizzle. Some people find these kinds of days depressing and are energized by sunny days. I'm a little different I guess in that these rainy days are what energise me. Even though it's been too wet to work-the weather has really lifted my spirits overall and it has been much needed. We still continue to wonder what the next season of our lives will be. I have no doubt God's call to ministry is still on my life-I'm just not sure what it is to look like at this point. Over and over I have read Prov. 3:5ff over and over and believe what it says and if I trust in God completely and don't try to figure it out all out on my own and acknowledge the Lord in all my ways He will direct my paths. I guess the hard part for Donna and I has been the waiting and fearing we will miss God's plan for our lives. We are trusting God and know He will make it clear in His time. There are a few options we have considered but are so unsure of what we are to do. We are asking God to help us wait and and be patient and not push any doors open and let God open them in His time. With all this on my mind, the "Dad's Day" was welcome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment